Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Boy, oh Boy! Doctor and nursery update...

So, I had to skip Money Monday yesterday. This week is too hectic for us. We are trying to get our nursery closer to completion, I am making my sister's baby shower invitations, we have every night this week booked with various engagements, we've got to replace Max's crib with his toddler crib and move his crib into Harry's room, and my house remains a dirty mess. As always.

Since we already have a boy, you would think there wouldn't be too much that we need for this one. However, there are still diapers and wipes, a rug for the room because it is hardwood, a changing table, a baby swing/papason (we borrowed one last time), a humidifier, shampoos and lotions, a booger sucker (Max popped the seam in our last one!), and new receiving blankets and burp cloths. We stained and wore the other ones out with Max! He loved his receiving blankets! Thank goodness we don't have to buy clothes! Having a baby is expensive no matter what!

And I've got to figure out how to work that dreaded breast pump again. I think I blocked it out because it tortured me.

We are also moving the rocking chair in Max's room into Harry's room, so we've got to find something to replace it for Max. He doesn't like to be rocked anymore, but he loves rocking himself and having his own chair in his room. We thought about getting him his own rocker, or maybe a little table and chairs where he can color and draw. Max's birthday is in August, so we've got to buy presents for him anyway. And throw him a birthday party when I am 2 weeks away from giving birth.

I need a money tree and my own wife.

My doctor's appointment went well yesterday. I am 28 1/2 weeks along, the baby's heartbeat was strong and he was measuring right on schedule. At my next appointment, we will be scheduling my c-section for early September, which I am very stoked about! I wouldn't go through labor again for any amount of money. Even though the c-section recovery process is long and unpleasant, I would still rather go through it again than 17 hours of labor and no pain relief. At least with a c-section, I will have good drugs.

I've gained 10 pounds, which is 7 pounds less than what I had gained by this time with Max. Most of my day is spent chasing a toddler and I no longer eat gluten, so it makes sense that I have gained less weight.

I was told by my doctor to take it easy from now on and lie down as much as possible because I am at a higher risk for early labor since I have a small frame and haven't gained much weight. So, I guess I'd better do that while my son takes his nap.

I will post a picture of my pregnant self soon and the nursery when we finish it. Hopefully, I can pick up Money Mondays again next week. Peace!

7 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the cesarian-my sister-in-law had all four of her kids that way-I still have to worry when I sneeze! Just take things one day at a time Amo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely take it easy, especially since you have permission. ;) I like the idea of replacing the rocking chair with something else for him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww yay! so glad that you're doing good! i totally go into nest mode when i'm about as far as you are! i think getting him his own little table and chairs is a great idea...my boys had that and they loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are doing so much to get ready for that sweet baby! I am impressed. And totally with you on the needing your own wife comment. We could probably all use an extra wife or two, right? But definitely take it easy. You don't want to go into early labor, esp. since you've got that c-section scheduled!! I had c-sections with both of mine too and they were nowhere near as bad as I thought they would be. I hope the rest of your pregnancy is smooth sailing and uneventful. I vote for a coloring table in Max's room. That sounds fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy crud I gained 10 lbs after I quit my job two months ago...and I'm not even pregnant! I need a money tree and my own wife too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had such a good docs appt. Not much longer now! :)

    Don't feel bad about not being prepared though b/c I don't have diapers, wipes, or ANYTHING and I'm due in 18 days! Yikes!!! Plus, hubby is roofing this weekend and has hired someone to gut my kitchen in the next couple of weeks....Double Yikes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you are right on track!
    I'm so glad I had 2 girls, I'm still saving money by pasing clothes down!
    Listen to that Doc and take it easy my friend. Hard with a toddler, but a good excuse to try!

    ReplyDelete

I love your lovely thoughts...