Saturday, August 1, 2009

It's August 1st

Last night, about three hours before midnight, our dog, Meeko, peed on my husband's foot and filled his Birkenstock up with urine. Right before the end of July.

But, it's August 1st today.

Hoping our bad luck streak is over.

So far today I have spilled an 8 ounce bottle of baby formula all over my pajama pants, then I got tangled up in a gas station hose, held the gas lever on the handle down without realizing it, and sprayed gasoline all over the gas station parking lot, gas that didn't make it into my car but I still had to pay for.

And tonight, at a neighbor child's 3rd birthday party, a boy I have never met before, who looked about nine years old, ran up to me and kind of half-sat on my lap and rubbed his butt up against my legs. When I asked him what he was doing, he said, "I'm pooping on you." Then he ran off. True story.

However, that's small potatoes compared to everything else that has happened to us lately. I can handle spilled milk and potentially hazardous gasoline running out behind my car. I can even handle someone else's kid's poop.

I feel much better today about my husband losing his job. The better feelings started yesterday when I found gluten-free hot dogs at Wal-Mart. It may seem insignificant, but to me, it is HUGE. We are having hamburgers and hot dogs at my son's 1st birthday party at the end of this month and most hot dogs contain MSG, therefore, off-limits to me. But, I WANTED A HOT DOG! (said while whining and stomping my foot).

The Jenni-O turkey hot dogs are gluten free. It says so right on the package. Thank you!

So, things are looking up. My son took all his naps today without fussing. I think his sinus infection is finally getting better. There were less boogers in his hair today. My friend, Jody, came over to say hello. I got to watch a little 3-yr old boy open presents at his birthday party and freak out about red and green ice cream cones. I feel thin today. Meeko doesn't smell as bad as he usually does. Tomorrow is my day to sleep in and my husband is getting up with our son (this doesn't happen very often, so I'm pretty pumped). And my husband told me tonight that even if his company offered him his job back, he would turn it down because he feels like they did him a favor. It makes me happier to know that he is okay.

I think I am going to have some chocolate yogurt and go to bed a very grateful woman.

Goodnight all!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. Good things are coming. Just feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, the pooping story was hysterical! Only a toddler. I can only imagine what the Mom was doing as she was watching mordified as her son pooped on your lap!

    ReplyDelete

I love your lovely thoughts...