So, we must be a fun couple to watch.
On his day of rest, God must sit back, pop open a tin of Divinity candy, whip up some supernatural popcorn, put his feet up, and turn on The Clarks.
There is always something entertaining to watch on The Clarks. Dogs throwing up Q-tips, baby's head spinning around at dinner and spraying food across the room, two grown adults trying to figure out a sippy cup, poop parties. Never a dull moment.
And I hope God had his feet propped up tonight because it was a good Lord's Day episode.
Our grill caught on fire.
Yes, our corn cobs and chicken breasts blackened and went up in smoke.
Apparently, there was grease in the grill tray left over from my son's birthday party. My brother-in-law grilled hamburgers at the shindig and we all forgot to clean the grease.
When I saw the flames licking the side of the grill, I thought, Hmmmm...I don't remember seeing flames before, but what do I know? I've never used a grill. I was staring out the back door and my husband saw the confused, inquisitive look on my face. So, he bent down to look underneath.
When he saw the flames, he didn't stand there looking bewildered like I did. He pulled the grill away from the house and yelled for me to get the corn starch. After sorting through what seemed like hundreds of plastic bags from Wal-Mart and Target, I found the way-expired corn starch.
He opened the lid of the grill and threw the corn starch on the flames. Our corn and chicken, charcoaled in the fire, were no longer edible. Well, duh.
My husband pulled the tray out, which was still on fire, and took it to the gravel area of our backyard. By then, I had quit watching because I still have the mentality that if I don't look, it will all go away. And it did. He put out the fire somehow.
We think our grill might still be usable. We will have to wait and see. At least the expired corn starch didn't completely go to waste. And we saved it...just in case.