Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thursday Afternoon (Evening) Tea


Hey everybody! Let's have some tea.

First, I want to say thank you to everyone who gave me such wonderful words of encouragement after my last post. And thank you for sharing your stories. Technically, I know I am not alone. But emotionally, it feels like it. So, I appreciate hearing your specific stories - it reminds me that we are all in this crazy world together and none of us are ever alone.

Actually, just writing the post gave me a HUGE release. Just getting it out there in the Universe...spewing out my guts...made a big difference in how I am feeling today.

Thank you for listening to me.

Now, for some tea. Yum, yum, I love hot tea! One sugar or two? Honey?

Thursday Afternoon Tea was started by Richele at Under the Golden Apple Tree and I wanted to join in on the fun (it is actually nighttime, but we can have tea at night too, can't we?).

So, let's get to know one another. These are the questions to answer:

1) What color is your toothbrush? Gray and white!

2) Name one person who made you smile today. My son, Max. We were playing hide and seek under the coffee table.

3) What is your favorite candy bar? Do I have to have just one? I can't. I love Peanut M&M's, Reeses Peanut Butter cups, tootsie rolls, Hershey's kisses, Whatchamacallit (sp?), Snickers, and so many more. Now I'm craving chocolate! Great!

4) What is the last thing you said aloud? "Settle him down and we can talk about it afterwards."
(talking to my husband about putting my sleepy and grouchy son to bed - my husband was trying to tell me something while our son was crying in his lap because he was so sleepy)

5) What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Anything where the majority of the ingredients is chocolate. Rocky Road is delicious!

6) Ever go camping? Two or three times. I'm not particularly a fan.

7) Are you a cat person or a dog person? I like both, although we only have 2 dogs. Our dog, Meeko, isn't a cat dog.

8) What was the last thing you ate? Veggie Booty.

9) How long have you been blogging? Since February of this year, I think. It feels like I've been doing it forever, but it has only been nine months or so.

10) What or who is your inspiration for your blog? I started this blog to stay sane. I love to write, I love to be creative, and I needed this release to recapture some of my pre-marriage and mommy self. I NEED this. And I need all of you.

Thanks for reading! Talk to you all real soon!

10 comments:

  1. So glad you are feeling better! Actually being able to read or hear your feeling does let you look at it from another angle.
    I would love to join you for some tea. Is three sugars an option,Lol?
    Headed to my blog now to write my answer to the question!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just caught up on your last post, and I'm glad you're doing better today, and wow, you've had a lot on your plate.

    I've been on edge for the past four years, since I stopped working and we moved to Syracuse, for many reasons, all of them good. Although since the move, money has been very tight, my 401k is almost gone, and we had to take out a home equity loan to take care of credit card bills. Sometimes I wonder how we went from having it so good, to constantly having some kind of anxiety in my chest. I started looking for work, and with my experience in NY, I've discovered I'm "overqualifed" for jobs I've applied for. I remind myself that some people would kill to have my problems, so I just take it day by day.

    Hope you start to have some good luck....and those Whatcamacallits? I LOVED those!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your feeling a little better. Venting does wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for joining in at the tea party! I certainly hope to see you again...next week! Venting helps out..believe me. Sometimes if we keep things bottled up it gets all twisted in our heads and we loose perspective. Mommy bloggers are here for support!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad getting it all out there helped you. Sharing is Caring. Caring is Sharing. :) is what I say.

    I love the tea idea!

    HUGS to you.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that you are feeling better!! Enjoyed getting to know you a little better through all of those questions you answered.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. im so glad you feel better! Now what is veggy booty?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like afternoon tea, although I normally reach for the hazelnut coffee around 4 pm. I need that mid-afternoon pick me up.

    Speaking of which, so glad you're feeling better. Writing it out has always helped me feel better and gain a new understanding for things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heart tea...so much. And so glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

I love your lovely thoughts...