Yes, this is my Random Thoughts Tuesday on Wednesday. During my son's almost non-existent nap yesterday, I could have either blogged or showered or mopped or eaten. Since Saturday was the last day I had gotten to shower, the shower won out. In and out, toddler woke up, no drying hair, so hair looked like Gilda Radner's in a Roseanne Roseannadanna skit. But, I will cherish those 45 minutes I had to myself.
So, my first bit of randomness is we tried the pumpkin patch thing again on Sunday with the same result. Screaming toddler. Frazzled parents. Lots of stares from other pumpkin patch pickers.
My husband and I even had a military-like plan this time: at arrival, jump out of car like life depended on it, yank stroller out of car and put toddler in immediately, leave toddler in stroller at all times, dodge other patrons and walk quickly to scarecrows and haystacks where we take pictures with lightening speed, grab a pumpkin and get the hell out.
Everything seemed to be going fine...our son was a little fussy but not bad...until my husband began to stray from the mission. He strayed from the plan. He decided to take our son out of the stroller for his picture with him. "No, No!" I screamed. "It's a mistake! Please, God, Noooooooo!!!"
But, he didn't listen.
The minute our son came out of that stroller, he was never going back in again. He screamed and wiggled to get down, he started crying. Why, hubby? Why?
Anyway, after my hubby's picture with him, I took our son to the car. My husband grabbed a big pumpkin and a baby pumpkin and paid for them...and then left the baby pumpkin on the counter. So, we got home with only one, lone pumpkin. Was it worth it? Nah, I don't think so.
So, second, I would like to say thanks for two awards I received recently!
I received the Over The Top award from ModernMom at How To Survive Life in the Suburbs!
Thank you sooooo much, ModernMom! This is a fun one.
I received this award a while back and have already filled out the meme that goes along with it, but my answers might be different on this day (as a matter of fact, my answers would probably be different any day of the week), so I'll do it again!
1. You Can Only Use One Word!
2. Pass this along to 5 of your favorite bloggers!
2. Pass this along to 5 of your favorite bloggers!
3. Alert them that you have given them this award!
4. Have Fun!
I may cheat a little and use more than one word, but I'll try to stick to the rules...
1. Where is your cell phone? desk
2. Your hair? blondish
3. Your Mother? brave
4. Your Brother? non-existent
5. Your Favorite Food? gluten-free pizza (see, I said "hummus" last time)
6. Your Dream Last Night? forgettable
7. Your Favorite Drink? hot tea
8. Your dream/goal? stability
9. What room are you in? office/junk room
10. Your hobby? reading
11. Your fear? infertility
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? stress-free
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. Something that you aren’t? risky
15. Muffins? gluten-free
16. Wish list item? Oh my goodness, there is no way I can only use one word on this one. Uggs, new bathrooms, new robe, new pajamas, new slippers, pedicure, someone to paint my house, new closets, new boots, no endometriosis, no celiac disease, new cell phone, financial stability, a cozy bedroom design, etc, etc, etc. Really, I could fill this whole page.
17. Where did you grow up? Arkansas
18. Last thing you did? ate
19. What are you wearing? yoga-outfit
20. Your TV? off
21. Your pets? outside
22. Friends? important
23. Your life? challenging
24. Your mood? hopeful
25. Missing someone? sister
26. Vehicle? Hyundai
27. Something you’re not wearing? bra!!
28. Your favorite store? Barnes and Noble
29. Your favorite color? yellow
30. When was the last time you laughed? yesterday?
31. Last time you cried? Sunday
32. Your best friend? soulmate
33. One place that I go to over and over? Ozark Natural Foods
34. One person who emails me regularly? Oprah (I get her newsletter...I don't get emails from her personally...yet)
35. Favorite place to eat? Mom's
Speaking of Mom's, my Mom gave me the next award. She is Janie B. over at Life Not Wasted or Lost. Isnt' she sweet? Thanks, Mom!
1. As a kid, I had a dog named Frodo that my parents named after the character, Frodo, from The Hobbit.
2. I had a nose ring for about six months until my husband (at the time, he was my ex-boyfriend - long story) accidentally hit me in the nose with his elbow and ripped the hole just enough to where it became infected. I had to take it out at the George Strait concert I went to the following night.
3. I knew I would marry my husband after our first date and said so in my journal. It only took me five years to convince him, too!
4. I've had a poem published in the GSU Review. The poem was called The Pinwheel Kid.
5. I strongly believe in gay marriage rights and adoption rights. Children raised by homosexual couples are the most open-minded, non-judgmental, well-rounded children, who will grow up to be adults who are open-minded and non-judgmental. Now, don't you think we need more people in the world like that?
6. I have kept a journal for 23 years now.
7. The number 8 is my favorite number. I remember watching tv in my bedroom, wearing headphones because I was grounded from tv and I didn't want to get caught. The date was 08/08/88. I didn't get caught (until now, sorry Mom). Good number.
And third, this wasn't really random thoughts at all, was it? Maybe I should have called this post Random Items or Random Memos. Or Pumpkins and Awards. But, that's booooriiiing. Ah, well.
My son has awakened from his nap, so I've gotta skidaddle. I will pass these awards on in my next post, along with a desperate plea for help from all you genius mommies out there. Yes, I know, you are thinking, "She needs more help?" Yes, I need more help.