Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sort-of Random Thoughts Tuesday

I've seen people do this RTT and it is exactly what I need today. I've got a lot to say and not a lot of time to say it in. My husband just took my son for a walk, so I've got about 20 minutes tops to be alone...let me say it again...alone... Okay, no time to relish in it.




First of all, I want to say a great big thank you to Modern Mom over at How To Survive Life In The Suburbs for giving me the Splash Award! I'm so stoked! I feel very blessed that there are people out there who like to read about baby poop and dog urine. Yippee!! If you haven't visited her blog yet, please do! She is very funny and witty!

Here is the Dish on this award:

The Splash Award is given to alluring, amusing, bewitching, impressive, and inspiring blogs.

When you receive this award, you must:
* Put the logo on your blog/post.
* Nominate & link up to 9 blogs which allure, amuse, bewitch, impress or inspire you.
* Let them know that they have been splashed by commenting on their blog.
* Remember to link to the person from whom you received your Splash Award.

I will have a good lovin' day and give out the Butterfly Award and the Splash Award to some of my favorites!

Next random bit of news...I have a stomach ache and a champagne hangover today because my husband found a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!! What a relief!! We won't be living in the Wal-Mart parking lot after all!

It is the job he wanted, even though it is quite a bit less money than he was making before and he may have to get a part-time job at nights to make up the financial difference...but, he is okay with that because he sees a future with this company. I want him to be happy and feel challenged and be proud of the job he does and I think he will be all those things with this job. So, we know there will be an income coming in and we can keep our health insurance.

We are so grateful for this opportunity and from the bottom of my heart, I want to say thank you to all my blogging buddies who have given me such encouragement and support during the last couple of months...especially Michelle at Waddlers and Toddlers. She has been a great friend and comfort, as have you all, and thank you for sharing all your own stories with me. And thank you to everyone who gave me such great ideas for being a WAHM. I am going to research all your brainstorms and find something I can take a whack at.

(how are hubby and baby back already? oh no...I hear footsteps...about to get interrupted...it's inevitable...one moment...)

I'm back. Speaking of baby, my son took his shirt off tonight by himself for the first time (it's the little things that excite me)! He was sitting in his highchair after lunch and started taking off his shirt, one sleeve at a time. He got both arms out and pulled it off over his head. I started to tear up. It's silly, I know, but he is getting so big! He took his own shirt off! All by himself! Next thing I know he'll be strippin' down like the hillbilly he is and runnin' around the yard naked (pronounced neck-ed, of course).

Final random thought, or story: As you all know, I babysit my nephew two days a week for 8-hours at a time. He is three years old and is obsessed with his weiner. And his bootie. And talking about pecks, or boobies, or any part of the anatomy, really.

Last week we were playing Wii and if you have played, you know that the Mii's are not anatomically correct. The boys and girls have the same bodies.

So, we are boxing on the Wii, punching away, when all of a sudden he stops. He looks so distraught, so devastated, so upset. He drops his remote and his nunchuck and stares at the TV, frowning. "HEY!", he says. "WHAT HAPPENED TO MY WEINER ON THIS GAME!!!!"

Okay, my alone time is up. I'm needed in the baby feeding, changing, and putting to bed departments. Why don't I get paid for this again?

14 comments:

  1. Amo,
    Congratulations on your husband getting the job he wanted. I'm so happy for you:)

    Thank you for following my blog also!

    I know what you mean about the little things;) It's neat that your little guy took off his shirt by himself for the first time! Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... Our little Golden Boy is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats for hubby!

    You are hilarious! I love your blog and thanks for stopping by! Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo!!! That has to be such a relief! I'm so glad for both of you.

    And you're right it is the small things. Before you know it, he'll be picking out his own clothes--of course, some of the outfits my 9 year old comes up with are startling, to say the least.

    I always enjoy reading what you have to talk about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad your husband got the job he wanted that is wonderful. I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am soooo happy. This is the best news I've heard all day! Really, truley and sincerely happy. Even more, I'm relieved. Finally being able to exhale. It's as if I've known you forever and all these blog posts are conversations I've had with a girlfriend over the phone who just happens to live long distance.

    Too cute about the Wii. I've never noticed that. Maybe b/c I'm not a 3 yr old boy. I'll have to go challenge hubby to a game of wii tennis and check it out.

    Thanks for your sweet words. I'm off to go celebrate with a glass of wine and a game of tennis!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I was sharing that glass of wine with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yaaaay! about the job..not the champagne hangover! And yes, we do like reading about baby poop and dog urine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your award and for your hubby's job!!! Yay!!

    I love your random thoughts. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to your husband!!! Yeah!!! BTW, I really enjoy your blog. I just added you to my blog roll. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely award - Congrats! And congrats to your husband on the job! That's great news!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to you and the hubby on the new job! I'm sure a huge weight has probably been lifted.
    I just laughed so loud at the part about your nephew that I think I may have awaken the baby, he is doing quite a bit of squirming now.
    I think you may need to post a warning label at the top of your blog: Do not read while drinking or in a room with sleeping people as uncontrollable fits of laughter is guaranteed! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, congratulations on your husband finding a nes job, what a relief! I'm sure that champagne hangover was worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Yeah!! Congrats to you and the Hubby:)

    ReplyDelete

I love your lovely thoughts...