Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Media is Freaking Me Out

I think I need to stop watching the news. I will be having a perfectly fabulous day, loving my life, my husband, my son, my house, grateful for our resources and health insurance ... then I turn on CNN, Good Morning America, MSNBC, really any news station except Fox News because no one will ever see that channel on my television, and my day falls apart. I start shallow breathing, my heart races, I switch to panic mode and my thoughts start bouncing around in my brain, beating themselves up in my skull...'What if my husband loses his job? What if we don't have health insurance for our son? What if we lose our house? What if we can't afford food? What if we have to move in with my mom? What if she loses her job? What if unemployment skyrockets to 25%? What if Obama fails? What if we have to eat our dogs because that is the only food we have? What if? What if? What if?' Then, my husband comes home, I pull him into my insanity of what if's and he scolds me for watching the news and listening to the media. Then he calms me down, comforts me, tells me everything is going to be okay and we are lucky because we don't make any money anyway, so making up the difference would be easy for us if anything happened. Then I think, "Yeah, he's right. I feel so much better. I love my husband. I am so grateful to be married to him." Then, I feel fabulous again and the cycle starts over.
Really, I have got to stop watching the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your lovely thoughts...