Friday, March 25, 2011

Luke, I am your father. And I'm in your toilet.


So, this is what I found floating in my toilet this morning.

The severed head of Darth Vader.

It was a little frightening at first, and then a little funny. I started laughing and my husband said, "Don't laugh! He will do it again for attention! Look how proud he is!" And while this is true, I couldn't help it. The head of Darth Vader greeting me before my morning business is kind of an indication of how this week has gone and I just needed to laugh.




This week is our spring break, therefore, my son is home for the WHOLE week. Monday, he was so impulsive and aggressive that I had a severe migraine (is there any other kind?) by 5 pm and it took 4 Advils and two anti-anxiety pills to make me functional again.

Tuesday, after we arrived home from his PT appt, I found him here in the washing machine. and while that alone isn't a big deal, the problem was that I couldn't get him out without a major meltdown. So, he just stayed in there for a long, long time.

Wednesday, our 6-month old started crying around noon and cried for five hours straight. I couldn't get an appt at the pediatric clinic until 5 pm, so we took him to the urgent care clinic where they had no idea why he wouldn't stop crying. At 5 pm, I took him to the pediatric clinic and they determined that he has his fourth ear infection in a month and a half. So, if he gets another one, he has to get tubes.

When we got home from the doctor, I turned on the oven to start dinner. After 10 minutes, my husband and I could smell something burning. Then, suddenly, smoke started billowing from inside the oven. I opened it up and we found a kitchen towel on fire that Max had stuck in there at some point during the day!

Thursday, after Max's OT appt, we had another appt where we had to take the kids and Max had to miss his nap in order for us to go. Well, that is always a disaster when a 2 year old has to miss a nap. The appt took two hours and the rest of the day was putting out one tantrum fire after another. I fed him dinner early and put him to bed at 6:30 pm. But, he suddenly had a terrible cough which kept him from sleeping well. At about midnight, he woke up crying saying that his tummy hurt and he cried for almost an hour. So, my husband grabbed a pillow around 1 am and slept on Max's floor. Turns out it was just gas because as soon as he passed it, he felt fine and he went back to sleep. Must be scary though to be two years old and not understand why your tummy hurts.

Then, today, Friday, I found Darth Vader's severed head in the toilet.

And it was hilarious.

I wonder what the rest of this week will hold for us. Luke Skywalker's limbs in the DVD player? A puddle of pee on the dining room table? We shall see...should be interesting, for sure!

2 comments:

  1. You've mastered one of the most important traits - a sense of humor!

    If you can't learn to laugh at the outrageous situations, you'd never get out of bed in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez, I needed to lie down just from reading this-although Darth Vader in the John is kind of funny :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your lovely thoughts...