Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Swim lessons...

So, I had to skip Money Monday again this week. My son started swim lessons yesterday, plus I am busy getting ready for my sister's baby shower this weekend, and getting my own nursery ready for Harry!

Swim lessons...hmmm...what do I say about swim lessons? It is an hour EVERYDAY for a week, which to me is overkill. I wish it was every OTHER day for two weeks. Yesterday, my son did awesome. He loved every minute of it, he didn't cry, he smiled, he laughed, he practiced. He had a great time and was in the best mood the rest of the day.

Today? Not so much. He cried almost the entire hour. Not because he was afraid, but because he wanted to get out of the pool in the middle of his lesson and run around. There are about 10 -15 other kids in his class and almost all of them break into tears at some point, but Max's tears just wouldn't let up today.

At the beginning of the lesson, the instructor had the little ones practice getting in and out of the pool. Well, once Max was out, he just wanted to stay out and that is where the trouble began. He cried the rest of the time. He cried through kick board practice. He cried through dog paddle practice, through back floating practice. I was exhausted by the end from trying to distract him and keep the tears at bay. And I am waaay too pregnant to be able to climb out of the pool and chase after him. I'd never make it out of the water!

If the instructor has the kids practice getting in and out of the pool everyday, this is going to be one. long. week.

I will have pictures up by the end of the week of his swim lessons - they may be of one very upset little boy, but I'll have pictures!

6 comments:

  1. You poor thing. I know this is exhausting! Good luck! I hope tomorrow is a good lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh shoot, I was hoping it would go ok!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh I know that wears you out. I need to do swim lessons for jackson too.

    You won one of the giveaways check out the blog and send me your information. :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how that goes! I just finished two 2 week sessions. 4 days a week for an hour. I wasn't allowed to be in the pool area. It was a looooong 4 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully things start to get better!
    I really need to get my boys into swim lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. .. My son stil fights me on the swimming lessons. Now that he's older he doesn't cry... Because he's mastered the "dirty look"

    Who taught him that? I don't remember paying for those lessons!

    ReplyDelete

I love your lovely thoughts...