Friday, April 2, 2010

Trying to get back into it

So, I'm trying to get back into blogging.

I haven't written or read anything in a month. I've been busy, distracted, overwhelmed, sick, tired, in pain, out of town, enjoying the weather, cursing the weather, and just in a general funk. I'll explain in another entry...later. But, happy days are here again with warm weather and sunny days. I even got to pull out my old maternity sundresses.

I hope I haven't lost too many readers and I really need to catch up on reading what other blogs I can. All the other responsibilities in my life have overwhelmed me lately and blogging just stopped being very important in the midst of everything else. Too much a-goin' on.

And now, I have a sick toddler. This is his first sickness with a high fever. Mommy hasn't handled it so well on the inside. He has had a 101 degree fever for two days and it kills me to see him moving so slowly and sadly when I am used to him running up the walls and swinging from the ceiling fans.

The doctor thinks it is another bad reaction to a vaccine (he had his polio vaccine yesterday morning - the first was a bad reaction to the DTaP shot when he was 4 months old), in addition to a good ole' fashioned respiratory something or other. The doctor said such a high fever is not a normal reaction to the polio vaccine. So, now I spend a good portion of my day fighting to get him to take his antibiotics, his allergy steroid, his Tylenol and his Motrin. I think I'm losing. He is one determined toddler.

So, here are just a few recent pictures of my baby in his healthier days. May they return again soon. Like tomorrow! Have a great Easter weekend everyone!

This was a bad honey mustard incident which I like to think I have learned my lesson from: Max is not ready for his own bowl of dipping sauce. It just ends up in his hair. But, boy, is he having fun!

11 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about you the other day. Sorry for the funky times. Hope things start picking back up. Hugs and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so that hat is adorable! So sorry to hear you have been in a funk...hoping the sunshine helps to bring back you swagger:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging definitely starts to take over your life if you let it... good for you for taking the time for your actual life instead. Hope the sickness passes soon and you have a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that sweet boy feels better soon! So good to hear from you girl. One of the greatest things about blogging is that you can come and go as you please. Take good care of yourself!!(-:

    A wonderful Easter to you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so cute!
    Sometimes it's worth the mess that you have to clean up to see the smile on their faces! My boys always make a huge mess when painting, but I love to watch their little creative side take over when they paint. :)

    I hope you get to feeling better and your little guy too! Yay for warmer weather! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is so cute! I am glad you are back! I missed ya, good to hear that you are hanging in there. I hope Max starts feeling better immediatly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good to see you back! I understand about the blogging. I haven't done much of it either. I just have too many other things demanding my attention. And, I don't want to. We all need breaks from blogging.

    Sorry about your baby! All my kids have been vaccinated, but my little boy is only half way done. I got uncomfortable for some reason. He was having reactions too. Despite what the dr's said, I stopped. I'll wait till he's older. There isn't a problem with waiting. In fact, he just may be allergic to them. After researching the immunizations online, I stopped taking him in. I'll wait. Seriously--follow your mommy intuition.

    Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every mom needs a picture of their kid with food in their hair. I hope he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope little one is feeling much better soon!!

    Love the pics ♥

    We all need a bloggy break from time to time. Life is the priority... enjoy!!!
    We'll all be here for ya ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet pictures - I hope he is well soon..

    Love to you
    kelly
    http://www.ivebecomemymother.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I took a little bloggy sabbatical too, cuz I was feeling fried. It helped. I missed you while you were gone, but I know how overwhelming life can be. And having a real life is always more important than keeping up a blog. (As much as I adore yours!!) Meanwhile, I'm with the other commenter who mentioned waiting on the vaccines if your son is having reactions. You can always just give him a little break and wait until his immune system is a little more developed to start up again. Whatever your mommy intuition says is probably right!! It's amazing how much we can learn from trusting ourselves. Hope you are all doing better now!! XOXOX

    ReplyDelete

I love your lovely thoughts...