Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Chuck E. Cheese, How Do I Love Thee? Let Me Count the Ways...

So, my brain hurts. Not from over-thinking, but from under-thinking. I have done nothing for three days but play with light sabers, look for lost light sabers, watch light sabers in a Star Wars movie, attach light sabers to action figures with tape...I have been hit in the back with light sabers, smacked in the finger with one, and had my hair pulled because I wouldn't play light sabers. I would be so happy if I didn't see anything related to Star Wars again for a long, long, long time and if I could stay far, far away from any and all light sabers or things that look like light sabers. Ahem.

Please, somebody, call me and tell me about a book you are reading or tell me what is going on in the news or just call me and blurt a bunch of swear words so I feel like I am still an adult with a brain who can react intelligently to information besides what the Bubble Guppies are eating for lunch and whether or not Sam and Freddie are dating on iCarly.

Man, I am all about run-on sentences today...but I can't help it. I'm really reeling from a lack of educational and intellectual stimulation - I'm losing my grammar skills.

Yes, my son's 3rd birthday party was this past Saturday at Chuck E. Cheese and he got Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace as a gift from his grandparents. And that is ALL he has done for the past three days is watch the Darth Maul fight scene over and over and over and over and over and over and ask me to play light sabers with him and then get upset when I have to stop and give some attention to our OTHER child...and my brain hurts.

I have to say, though, that I will never have another birthday party in my home again (okay, except for Harry's 1st birthday party in a few weeks, but after that! I'm done!). It is SO MUCH EASIER to have the party somewhere like Chuck E. Cheese. They do everything for you! They even cut the cake! I was actually available to TALK to other adults and smile and SOCIALIZE! I had forgotten about socializing. All I could remember about it was what I have learned on Yo Gabba Gabba. Don't, don't, don't bite your friends! and You have to wait in line...it's only fair to wait right there!

The party was still exhausting, but I was WAY less stressed. I was almost relaxed. Well, not quite. But almost.

Here are some photos from the big day:

THE CAKE...



MAX EATING PIZZA - I LOVE WATCHING HIM EAT BECAUSE HE SO RARELY DOES IT



MAX BLOWING OUT HIS CANDLES



MAX WITH THE MAN HIMSELF...OR THE MOUSE HIMSELF... ALTHOUGH ONE OF THE KIDS AT THE PARTY THOUGHT HE WAS A RAT AND ANOTHER THOUGHT HE WAS A BEAR



Thank you, Chuck E. Cheese, for keeping me from stroking out this weekend.

And, by the way, today is MY birthday. I am turning 27. I mean, 32. Er, I meant 35. Crap, fine, I'm 37. But, I have the maturity of a MUCH younger woman, so I've got that going for me.

Let's see if I can get out of changing any diapers for the entire day.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you!! The star wars plague has hit my nephews too. It is intense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are no Star Wars fans among the kids in the family. We have one who is obsessed with Cars, and one who either wants to watch House of Mouse or Scooby Doo on the DVD, or wants to do Kung Fu Fighting on the Wii.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did a b-day party there once, and it was a huge success! Don't you love how it takes the pressure off to have it outside your home?

    ReplyDelete

I love your lovely thoughts...